Picoscope 2206B, no device driver found with win10

Having problems ? let us know the details here
alex_h

Picoscope 2206B, no device driver found with win10

Post by alex_h »

Hi.

I have problems running the picoscope model 2206B with windows 10, 64bit, creators update 1703, Trendmicro virus protection. The scope appears as an unknown device in the windows hardware manager. I have tried PicoScope6_r6_12_9 and PicoScope6Beta_r6_13_2, installed the software, tried again, restart etc.

With Ubuntu 16.04 LTS the scope is detected an runs with Beta 6.12.9.35, so the device itself is ok.

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope 2206B, no device driver found with win10

Post by Hitesh »

Hi alex_h,

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com so that we can advise on one or two steps to try?

This might be an issue that we are aware of following recent Windows updates.

Regards,

trl

Re: Picoscope 2206B, no device driver found with win10

Post by trl »

Hello,

I got into exactly the same trouble with my 2204A on freshly new installed Windows 10 on a Thinkpad X230 laptop. Doesn't matters how many times I've deleted the "unknown device" from Device Manager and installed the scope on a different USB root (also restarting the laptop didn't helped).

I was able to get it resolved by manually running the DPInst.exe located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Pico Technology\PicoScope 6 Beta\system\ folder. Administrative permissions are required, of course. Device was immediately recognized and installed properly, no additional restart required.

Good luck!