Possible to pull in PicoScope6 measurement functions?

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
Zuccj
User
User

Possible to pull in PicoScope6 measurement functions?

Post by Zuccj »

I'm looking to create a piece of software in either labview or vba. I'm looking through the documentation, and was wondering is there a way to pull in measurement functions from picoscope 6, or do the DLL just provide the functions for gathering data? I would like to be able to use the duty cycle measurement from picoscope 6, but from the examples I've looked at, and from what I've played around with it looks like you can only collect data. Before I work on creating a function that will calculate it I just wanted to see if I was overlooking a function that will calculate it for me.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible to pull in PicoScope6 measurement functions?

Post by Martyn »

The measurement functions are embedded within the PicoScope 6 software, and are not part of the API.

We are looking at providing code snippets to perform measurements using the API, but these are not available at the present time, so you will need to look at coding this yourself.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

TimOster

Post by TimOster »

Martin,

Any update on this? I'd like to use the measurement functions also. Maybe just give us the math you used?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

What measurements are you looking for, which programming language are you using, and which scope do you have ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

TimOster

Post by TimOster »

Not to hijack the thread, but for me vb.net. All functions :) MATH Channels, Freq, AC RMS, DC Avg, Counters to start. If you have THD for pure sine that would be nice also, I don't see that in the app though.

Tim

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Tim,

I've logged your request. THD measurements are available for Spectrum mode measurements.

You can use third party libraries for some measurements such as Intel Integrated Performance Primitives or OpenCV.

Please note that Pico Technology is not responsible for the content of third party sites.

Regards,