With Enviromon you can remotely log data to your PC via two GSM modems. In the set-up described below we have used the Wavecom Fastrack M1306B modems (however it should work on other modems)
http://www.linkwave.co.uk/products_sect ... /index.htm
Guidelines To Remote data logging:
1) Configure Your Enviromon system as though you have no modems, (please refer to your manual for this).
2) Ensure that once you have configured your device, you click on the "Program" button.
3) Exit and restart your software.
4) Once in the Configuration panel select "Equipment" (Settings->Configuration->Equipment)
5) Set the connection to "Via Telephone + Modem" with the serial cable still connected.
6) Choose the 9600 baud rate and click on Set Link and wait for it to complete. (You may need to click on "Set link" again if you get "Updating Time....Operation failed")
7) Clock on OK and exit the software then set the logger up at the remote site
8) Connect the power to the modem, (make sure modems running at 9600, you may need to do so via AT commands)
9) Disconnect the power and battery from the EL005
10) Connect the EL044* adapter and to the EL005, and connect the modem to the EL044.
11) Plug the power back in to the EL005. this will send an â€˜automatically answer callâ€™ signal to the modem.
12) Plug in the other modem into the PC in which you configured the Logger.
13) Go into the configuration panel and choose "Equipment".
14) Select â€˜Telephoneâ€™. Enter the telephone number of the modem connected to the EL044/EL005.
15)If you require an alarm SMS message, fill in the details now. Choose â€˜OKâ€™.
16) Select which serial port the PC modem is attached to. Choose â€˜OKâ€™.
18)Open the enviromon.ini file (located in your Enviromon or Pico Folder) and add the following at the end of the [General] Section:
19) Save and close the file, Restart EnviroMon.
20) From the â€˜Fileâ€™ menu select â€˜connectâ€™. Wait for the communication to take place, this may take up to 1 min. The program will display the current readings and then start downloading stored data. The readings will not change while the stored data is being downloaded.
21) Keep the program running until you hear the computer beep or until you see the current readings change again.
22) The telephone link stays active while the program is running or until you select â€˜disconnectâ€™ from the â€˜Fileâ€™ menu.
It is possible to set EnviroMon to automatically connect to the logger on start up and then disconnect after the data transfer. This can be done by selecting â€˜disconnect after data transferâ€™ from the â€˜connection at start upâ€™ box in the telephone options dialogue.
Once the logger is connected via a telephone and modem link, it is possible to reprogram it if you need to update the settings. It is not possible to change the baud rate while connected via a modem.
If you do not know the baud rate of the modem used, try using 9600. This is supported by the vast majority of modems.
*EL044 replaces the EL033 as it is 9 way to 9 connector as opposed to the 9 -25Way EL033