ps5000a with Matlab

Post your MATLAB discussions here
naresh

ps5000a with Matlab

Post by naresh »

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a Picoscope 5244B scope from MATLAB. I wasn't sure whether I should get the required files from the SDK or from MATLAB, but I ended up adding them from the MATLAB Add-on explorer. It looks like I have the Picoscope 5000 series - MATLAB Generic Instrument Driver version 1.11, running MATLAB R2017b.

I have trouble loading the library, and it looks like the issue is a missing file. On running

Code: Select all

ps5000aDeviceObj = icdevice('picotech_ps5000a_generic', '');
it exits with

Code: Select all

Error using icdevice (line 316)
An error occurred while executing the driver create code.
File PicoConstants.m not found - please ensure that the location of this file is added to the MATLAB Path.
If the error is not an instrument error, use MIDEDIT to inspect the driver.
I see a PS5000aConstants.m file in the path, but not a PicoConstants.m file. Can you please send me either the file in question, or if the file is not necessary, a patched version of the code? At this point I'm just trying to run one of the basic example scripts, I will need to write more code later. Time-sensitive project, and I would really prefer not having to debug this .

Thanks,
Naresh

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: ps5000a with Matlab

Post by NeilH »

Hi Naresh

To use our scopes with Matlab you'll need to download the PicoSDK from our website, https://www.picotech.com/downloads and get the PicoScope Support Toolbox and PicoScope 5000a Instrument Driver add-ons from the Matlab Add-on manager.

Neil
Neil
Technical Support Engineer

Leo
User
User

Re: ps5000a with Matlab

Post by Leo »

Hi Neil
I have downloaded the PicoSDK from ther website, and get the PicoScope Support Toolbox and PicoScope Instrument Driver add-ons from the Matlab Add-on manager, but i don't know how to install the Support Toolbox.could you send me some code example.

Thanks
Leo