Serial TC-08 Connection Problems

Post any questions about our serial port products
JamieDicks
User
User

Serial TC-08 Connection Problems

Post by JamieDicks »

Hi All

We use a serial TC-08 in a system we have designed and it has suddenly stopped working. Software was developed in C# to utilise the libraries available through PICO and it has been working fine for a couple of years. Just last week the user started to get intermittent errors with the temperatures being observed, then today the device just seems to have stopped working.

I have installed the newest version of PicoLog on a laptop and connected the TC-08, through ComPort 1 to it. Now when I check the device status it comes up with TC08 driver v2.6, TC08 not found. I have checked the serial cable using hyperterminal and that is OK.... Any ideas? Has my TC-08 failed? Is there any way I can check inside the TC-08 to see what is likely to have happened to it? Currently the system which utilises the device is out of action at a critical stage in their work.

Any help or guidance would be gratefully appreciated. Should I send the TC-08 back for evaluation?

Kind regards

Jamie
Jamie Dicks
Clinical Scientist
Medical Physics Department
Queens Medical Centre
Nottingham

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Jamie

It does sound the like unit needs repairing. There isn't really anything more you can do yourself to test it as you have done all the things I would suggest. Therefore you should send it back to us for repair.

Please contact us by email on tech@picotech.com outlining what you've said here and including your full contact details. We can then send you an RMA returns number.

Best Regards

JamieDicks
User
User

Post by JamieDicks »

Hi Sarah

Thanks for that. Since I posted to the forum I have 'messed' around with the device and picolog a little and it does seem to be an intermittent fault. Sometimes the device is recognised and sometimes it isn't. I think you are right, the best bet is to get it back to you for evaluation and repair if possible. It is a fundamental part of our system so we will need to know if it can be repaired or needs replacing as soon as possible.

Once again, thanks for your help. I'll contact the email address you suggested and get the TC-08 back a.s.a.p.

Kind regards

Jamie
Jamie Dicks
Clinical Scientist
Queens Medical Centre
Nottingham

JamieDicks
User
User

Post by JamieDicks »

Hi Sarah

I emailed the address you specified yesterday so that I can return our faulty TC-08 but have yet to get a reply. Does it normally take some time to respond? We are very keen to return the device for evaluation so the equipment that uses it can be used again. It is currently out of action at a very critical stage in some studies.

Kind regards

Jamie
Jamie Dicks
Clinical Scientist
Queens Medical Centre
Nottingham

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Jamie

If you send it on to me at sarah@picotech.com before the end of Thursday then I will ensure you get an RMA sent through.

Best Regards