Triggering a PicoScope Channel Recording using the API

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
PeterP

Triggering a PicoScope Channel Recording using the API

Post by PeterP »

Dear community,
Dear pico Technology,

I am successfully accessing my PicoScope of the 6000 series (6402D) via the python package pico-python. Using the internal function generator I am able to trigger an excitation signal via a software trigger, ref.
topic16471.html (Triggering a PicoScope Signal Generator using the API).
Additionaliy to the AWG I at the same time want to start acquisition on a channel, e.g. channel A. I read through the programmer's manual though were unable to identify an approach that allows me to use a software trigger to start the acqusition. Just to be clear, I am looking for a programatic way that equals the manual pressing of the "single" button on classic oscilloscopes and that happens in sync to the AWG excitation.

Can you please assist? Currently I am on windows (ps6000.dll, version 1.6.0.11, 11.07.2017), though this functionality would be also very much be desired for Linux.

Thank you very much!!
Peter

Hitesh

Re: Triggering a PicoScope Channel Recording using the API

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Peter,

I've seen your posts on the pico-python project about the use of the scope trigger to activate the signal generator and will respond via your support ticket.

Regards,

zgingrichCZ

Post by zgingrichCZ »

Hitesh, that is not very helpful for anyone else who wants to do something similar. :(

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

If you have a problem can you post the code that you have tried then someone in the team will be able to advise you. If you do not wish to post this on the forum you can email the team directly on support@picotech.com
Martyn
Technical Support Manager