PicoScope Python Interface under Mac OS X: several issues

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
PicoUser5

PicoScope Python Interface under Mac OS X: several issues

Post by PicoUser5 »

Hi everyone,

I noticed that the PicoScope Python interface (https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-python-examples) has several issues under Mac OS X. I figured out that this has mainly to do with the new System Integrity Protection since El Capitan. I also noticed a further bug in the scripts. I've listed all this (with fixes!) here. Perhaps that's helpful for someone else running into the same problems. It would also be nice if this could be fixed on the PicoScope side.

Hitesh

Re: PicoScope Python Interface under Mac OS X: several issue

Post by Hitesh »

Hi PicoUser5,

We are aware from previous experience of issues relating to System Integrity Protection on Mac OS X.

There is a request for an SDK installer for Mac OS X systems so that Users do not have to install the PicoScope application.

The Python bindings are in the process of being updated, including the model entries for the PicoScope models using the ps2000a driver. Please note that the 2206, 2207 and 2208 listed in the file are the original models (the example was created prior to the release of the new 'B' models), and this will be fixed.

The updated files should be available via GitHub soon.

Regards,

PicoUser5

Post by PicoUser5 »

Cheers, that sounds good!

PicoUser5

Post by PicoUser5 »

Perhaps one addition: why not put your comment on the Github page itself until it's fixed (or maybe a link to my ugly but working fix)? It's absolutely understandable that newer OS versions may cause problems every now and then, no worries. It's only a bit frustrating if you download the (not so old) repository and nothing works, and you're actually aware of the problem already.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi PicoUser5,

Thank you for the feedback.

We are aware of the modifications that need to be made for the newer PicoScope 2000 Series (and the PicoScope 4444) which a colleague will be updating in due course. I'll add some release notes to the repository.

For your Mac related workaround, could you please raise an issue on the repository?

Regards,