some questions about the picoscope 6000 series

Which product is right for your exact requirements
francesc

some questions about the picoscope 6000 series

Post by francesc »

Hi,

I need to measure the voltage in 4 channels at 1 GSa/s, and I need to transfer 6 MSamples (of each channel) to the computer for post-processing (hence I need to save 6 ms of data, recorded at 1 ns, for 4 channels). My voltage range is -5V to 5V but I need 1 mV resolution approximately (so I think I need 16-bit resolution, right?). A 70 MHz bandwith is ok.

If I am correct, the cheapest model that can measure 4 channels at 16-bit resolution at 1GSa/s is the 6000 series. Am I right? I am thinking about purchasing the 6402C model, but I have three questions (most important first)

- Do you have Matlab drivers for this model? It is very important for me to control the scope via Matlab, to acquire data and process it as fast as possible.

- Does the pico software come included with the price?

- Is it possible to transfer "windowed" data to the computer? I mean, suppose that I store a 6 ms duration waveform (at 1 GSa/s). Can I transfer the first 1ms of channel 1 (discarding the rest 5 ms), the second ms (discarding the first and the rest) of channel 2, and so on, to the computer?

Hitesh

Re: some questions about the picoscope 6000 series

Post by Hitesh »

Hi francesc,

Just to clarify, the PicoScope 6000 Series are 8-bit resolution oscilloscopes. The fastest sampling rate with 4 channels enabled is 1.25 GS/s. Some of our other devices have a maximum sampling rate of 1 GS/s but this drops as more channels are enabled.

We provide MATLAB Instrument Drivers for all our current real-time PicoScope models.

The PicoScope software is available to download free of charge, and updates are also provided for free.

When retrieving data from the device using the driver API functions, it is possible to specify the start index and number of samples to retrieve from the device so you can obtain a portion of the data that has been collected.

I hope this helps.