How to connect TC-08 Data logger to Labview 2017 (64-bit)

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
ivanco

How to connect TC-08 Data logger to Labview 2017 (64-bit)

Post by ivanco »

Hi,

I am trying to connect TC-08 to labview to write a new program on labview. Data logger works fine with its own software however I cannot make TC-08 and Labview talk to each other.

I installed SDK pack, and copied usbtc08.dll and usbtc08.lib files to Labview2017/resource folder however I still cannot see TC-08 on Labview.

On Labview's website it is adviced that when you install a third partt driver, it can be installed to \IVI Foundation\VISA\my_test and contains subfolders Examples and LabVIEW. and Labview folder needs to be copied to instr.lib folder however when I install SDK pack, it doesn't install any of these subfolders.

When I on the block diagram I cannot initialise the data logger. When I choose DAQ Assistant>Input> Analog Input>Temperature> Thermocouple , Labview says " no supported devices found" , it is not listed under Instruments I/O either.

How can I make Labview 2017 (64-Bit) talk to Pico TC-08? I checked all the other entries but nobody mentioned this.

Many thanks
Ivanco

Hitesh

Re: How to connect TC-08 Data logger to Labview 2017 (64-bit

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Ivanco,

All our examples for LabVIEW are now hosted on GitHub.

Please refer to the usbtc08/64-bit-examples folder in the repository.

Regards,

ivanco

Post by ivanco »

Those are examples, but I am talking about your drivers. The SDK pack only contains two TC-08 files, eventhough I copy them to resource file in labview. I still cannot connect them, your examples give library not found error as well.

Hitesh wrote:Hi Ivanco,

All our examples for LabVIEW are now hosted on GitHub.

Please refer to the usbtc08/64-bit-examples folder in the repository.

Regards,

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Ivanco,

The LabVIEW examples call API functions provided by our dll files. They are not self-contained drivers for our products.

You will need to install the 64-bit PicoSDK from our Downloads page.

Hope this helps,