Picoscope 6 Waveform Library

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
nurber
Active User
Active User

Picoscope 6 Waveform Library

Post by nurber »

Hi forum. As I look through the Picoscope 6 User's Guide, I wonder about the inability of non-automotive scopes to share waveforms in the same way as automotive scopes. Ok, I understand the business aspect of making waveform library available only to those who pay the premium of 4225/4425, but then why not a premium for non-automotive scopes to use the service ? I would pay it. Surely there are people doing automotive work with non-automotive Picoscopes. I've purchased a 4444 for particular reasons and feel left out that I can't pay to look at these waveforms or upload something interesting that I want to share with others. Furthermore, why must non-automotive scopes be limited to their own islands of waveform libraries ? Why not a public respository for non-automotive waveforms that can be shared, viewed and downloaded ? In the interest of learning, sharing, and the advancement of Picoscope this makes no sense to me. What am I missing ?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope 6 Waveform Library

Post by Martyn »

Our Test and Measurement scopes do not have the same input protection to allow them to be used safely in an automotive environment, hence the reason why they are not permitted to work with the automotive software, and therefore provide access to the library.

The option of creating a similar online resource for T&M captures is something that we may consider, however the variety of scope uses would make it difficult to manage and search. The tests that people carry out using our scopes are often unique to their particular environment, which you can see in the nature of the requests that are posted. Enquiries via the T&M forum are very similar to the requests we receive via our internal email ticketing system and are generally answered by Pico Staff, whereas the Auto Forum is more of a community where the members help each other with less input from Pico Staff.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager