problem using Pt 104 converter with Labview example

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
testo79
User
User

problem using Pt 104 converter with Labview example

Post by testo79 »

Hi everyone,

I have a problem using the Labview example for the Pt 104 converter ( with a PT 104 Class B sensor ).

The transmitter and the sensor work fine with Picolog. However when I use the Labview example it reads something like 23°C ( which is possible). But when I touch the probe with my hand it doesn't get any higher : changes 0.01 or O.O2 °C... ( it does when I use Picolog ).

I have set it to : 4 wire
tried with different channels
0 for filter
1 for data type

Would anybody know what the problem is?

Any help would be great...

Testo
Attachments
example.vi
(48.15 KiB) Downloaded 2841 times

gruntman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by gruntman »

Testo,

I am sorry to hear that the labview example is not working out for you for your PT-104 logger. I attempted to reproduce this error on my machine without any success. The temperature reading changed in relation to the temperature. We know that the logger and sensor are functional if they are working correctly under PicoLog. Can you answer the following questions for me so I can investigate this further?

1. Which version of Labview are you currently using?
2. Can you highlight the execution of the vi and look to make sure that you are receiving the correct values from all of the calls?
3. Can you insert the sensor into a known cold/hot bath and see what the temperature readings are compared to the bath?
4. When you switch the probe from one channel to another with the program running are the readings similar?
5.Which port is the logger using? Are you using a serial-USB adapter?
6. Can you describe the computer setup you are using?

With this in mind I will look into trying to fix the problem for you. Thanks for your time Testo and have a great day!

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc
http://www.pc-oscilloscopes.com

testo79
User
User

Post by testo79 »

Hello Gruntman,

Thanks a lot for answering my question. I haven't been able to answer your questions yet since I haven't got the Pt104 right now. I can just tell you I am using Labview 8.0. I will contact you when I'll get it back. By the way, would you know if when using picolog recorder, it's possible to save the data this way to a file :

09:30:35 45
09:30:36 44

instead of :

0 45
1 44

I succeeded in viewing it the way I want it with the graph mode, when I open the file with Pico viewer, but not with the spreedsheet mode...

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Testo

gruntman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by gruntman »

Testo,

To save the file as a .txt with the time being saved as the time of day is quite simple.
First with the file open in PicoLog Recorder or PicoLog Player (the steps are the same either way).
Next click on the spreadsheet icon in the top right corner.
This will bring up the spreadsheet view with the time being number by 0,1,2,3 etc. We wish to change this so click on the check mark to view options.
The time format will be set to Numeric which means 0,1,2,3, we need to change this to Time Of Day. With time of day you will get an output of 09:30:35, 09:30:36 like you wish to have.
After you have changed this click the OK button. Notice that the time has changed format. Now if you wish to save this file as a .txt in this format click on the select button to select all the data.
Now to save click on the first button to write to disk.
This will bring up a save as dialog, select where you wish to save it to, give it a name, and under save as type select Text file, and then click OK.
When you have done this you will have successfully saved the file with the right type of time format. If you need any help doing this feel free to let me know.
Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc

testo79
User
User

Post by testo79 »

Hi Gruntman,

Thanks for all your details in your explanation. Actually, I had already done that with the recorder and with the viewer. And with both of them, when I click on the tick button, a sand glass appears... and stays as long as I don't move the mouse. Nothing happens. Since I was doing the right thing ( according to your last email ), I have un installed and re installed the software. But it doesn't change anything. The problem is still there. I have also tried on another computer and I get the same problem.

However, this change of format works fine with the graph menu ( but I need the spreadsheet one..)

Any ideas?

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Testo
Attachments
screen shot.JPG
(99.39 KiB) Downloaded 3697 times

gruntman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by gruntman »

Testo,

Which version of the software are you currently using?

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc

testo79
User
User

Post by testo79 »

Hello Gruntman,

I am using the "PicoFull_r5_15_6" version, I suppose it's the last version of the soft, I have downloaded it 2 a few days ago, to be sure that eventual patches have been included. I am using windows XP

Testo

gruntman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by gruntman »

Testo,

Can you email me a .plw to richard@pc-oscilloscopes.com to see if I can get this error to repeat on my computer?

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc