Tools for the job

Which product is right for your exact requirements
mrigger
User
User

Tools for the job

Post by mrigger »

Hi,

I'm looking at a project at the moment where I will be carrying out conditioning monitoring on rotating machines (predominantly AC motors). I'm looking for a low cost solution that will allow me to capture real time data, but at relatively low sampling rates (a typical sampling rate could be 1 to 7 days with data sampled at 1 minute, 10 minute or 60 minute intervals).

I am intending to monitor the following:

Vibration (probably with a dedicated sensor that has 4-20mA output)
Temperature (with either K type or PT100 probe)

I will probably need to monitor each of these twice (i.e 2 channels for each), although I'm not certain on this point. Another possibility is the need for some form of audio monitoring, but what form of sensor I'm not certain - possibly a piezo element with preamplification, but again I would need 2 channels for this.

As the logging data will need to be analysed I am guessing I will use a PC, although the use of a pocket PC device for this task has not been ruled out. For connection, I will need to use RS232 or USB, with bluetooth another possibility.

Which of your products would you recommend? Would a DrDAQ be suitable in your opinion?

Look forward to seeing your comments.

Regards,

Mark

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The best logger will depend on how many sensors you decide to have and the sizes of their outputs. I would recommend looking at the ADC-11 and ADC-20 to give you an idea of what is available. These are both general purpose data loggers which measure voltage. You would probably need to condition your signal.

If you are looking for a remote system then I recommend looking at Enviromon. The units mentioned above need constant PC connection however Enviromon can be left and the data downloaded later.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards