magnetic field control

Which product is right for your exact requirements
oren hartal

magnetic field control

Post by oren hartal »

Hi

I need to monitor the average amplitude of a magnetic flux density in Milli Gauss over a fixed set of hours every week day, and display this average per day, week , month, and year. an online running average is also required.

1. could you guide me to a gauss meter (perhaps by F. W. Bell series 4000) and a pico data logger that will do the job for values of 0.5-100milli Gauss at 50Hz

2. could you guide me on the procedure to obtain the readings I need

3. is there any method to perform the data logging, averaging and display without the use of a PC, such as by a custom autonomous log+proccess and display system you can provide?

4. what happens to the collected data in a case of power failure?

Thanx

Oren

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Oren

Thank you for your post.

There are a few things to consider here. Firstly, I unfortunately do not know of any sensors that you could use so you will need to source one yourself. Once you have a sensor in mind then feel free to let us know the output specifications of it and we can then advise as to which logger will be most suitable.

The other thing to consider is how quickly you require to take readings. This will have an impact on the logger that best suits your application. For example, you could use the Enviromon system which would provide some safeguard against power failures, however this will log at a maximum of 1 sample per minute and cannot go faster than this. If you require to log faster then you will need a logger that connects to the PC all the time it is logging. This means that in a power failure you would not get any readings (unless you use a laptop with battery power).

Hope this helps

Best Regards