TC-08 - plug in and go?

Which product is right for your exact requirements
AlexP

TC-08 - plug in and go?

Post by AlexP »

I am looking at ordering the TC-08 thermocouple data logger. Apart from the thermocouples themselves (will order K-type miniature thermocouples) are there any other components required or any setting up (apart from sticking the thermocouples down!) to do in order to begin logging temperature measurements?

Also, I understand it comes fully calibrated with a calibration certificate. Is this correct?

Thanks

Alex

AlexP

Post by AlexP »

Could you also clarify the output from the TC-08: Is it a voltage reading that I would need to manually convert to a temperature using look-up tables/equation or is it the actual temperature reading?

I am assuming it is the actual temperature reading (as it states it has built in cold junction compensation), meaning I will not need to do any conversions myself. Is this correct?

Thanks

Alex

AlexP

Post by AlexP »

I have found a response that answers my second question about the conversion from voltage to temperature using the TC-08 (no manual conversion required) but the question in my first post still requires an answer.

Also, would I need a probe type thermocouple to measure air temperature or would a standard K-type wire thermocouple with the junction suspended in the air be sufficient ?

Thanks again

Alex

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Alex

Thank you for your post.

With TC-08 you get the USB lead and software so all you need to buy is the thermocouples. You can get a calibration certificate with it but this is additional and there is an extra charge. You need to specify that you require calibration at the point of purchase.

Any type of thermocouple should be fine for measuring air temperature. There should be no problem with using an exposed tip probe however it is likely to be more sensitive to wind so it would be a good idea to shield it from breezes etc.

Hope this helps

Best Regards