Have 3424 and 2105, can I use both?

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
CoyoteDavid
Active User
Active User

Have 3424 and 2105, can I use both?

Post by CoyoteDavid »

I have both a 3424 and a 2105. I can install the software for one or the other, but it won't let me do both. Is it possible to:

1) Switch from using 3424 to 2105 without re-installing?
2) Use both at the same time?

I would be happy with either. For #1, if there was a way I could just have a shortcut to run picoscope for one or the other, that would suffice.

-David

Post by Guest »

If you install the software with "support for other devices", you will be able to run any PicoScope. Remember that PicoScope software only supports a single scope at a time.

CoyoteDavid
Active User
Active User

Post by CoyoteDavid »

Thanks, I have it working. You have to start the program twice in order to switch scopes. The first time you run with the wrong device installed, you have to hit "continue" at the popup that says "PS2000 not connected". Then in the scope program that is non-functional at this time, select "File", "Setup", "Converter". Choose the correct converter to switch to, and you get another popup that says "Please restart the program to activate the changes". Hit "OK", and the scope program exits. Now when you start it the next time, it is using the desired device.

A bit of a pain, but easier than re-installing every time.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

A way round this would be to install the software twice - into seperate directories. Then have different settings for each installation and just open the one that you require. You will not be able to run them at the same time
but it will save you having to keep changing the settings.

Hope this helps

Best Regards