Is it me or is connection with MATLAB a dogs breakfast?

Post your MATLAB discussions here
shanus

Is it me or is connection with MATLAB a dogs breakfast?

Post by shanus »

What is needed here is an up to date guide for connection with Matlab. The last one was 2014

(1) The SDK package keeps changing
(2) What is uploaded to mathworks keeps changing, are we using those files or the SDK files? or both? There appears to be the same files at both repositries. Again, not clear.
(3) For christs sake get the wrapper sorted for 64 bit versions, its 2017. It's hit/miss at the best of times.

It should not take an afternoon or more to try and connect this unit to Matlab, its almost at cheap ebay USB oscilloscope driver level, but we paid picosope prices.

shanus

Re: Is it me or is connection with MATLAB a dogs breakfast?

Post by shanus »

Notes on connection: Thanks to Hitesh, I have been informed an up to date user guide is being prepared. :D

If you are unable to use the Matlab Addons Package installer (i.e your computer is not connected to the internet)

(1) Download the Master Package from Github (You can download from MathWorks, but GitHub will have everything, including the DLL's, some DLL's are blocked on Mathworks.
(2) Download the Support Package from Mathworks
(3) Add (1), and (2) to you folder paths (include sub directories).
(4) Make sure you have cleared any residual folder paths for other failed attempts at connection or legacy drivers you may be using.
(4) Make sure you are downloading the correct version 5000a/5000 or 4000a/4000. There is no indication what is the correction version on the generic x0000 Generic device driver Mathworks webpage so be sure to look at the x0000a webpages. For example a 4824 neeeds 4000a not 4000 (and this is not stated on the generic 4000 mathworks webpage).

Obviously make sure Picoscope software is not connected.

Run Block_Example.m to test first.

If files are missing note which files are missing and use Matlab query command which to double check (i.e which picopp.dll). If a file is missing, this is likely where it has fallen down.

Hitesh

Re: Is it me or is connection with MATLAB a dogs breakfast?

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Just to add to Shanus's post, we do list which models are supported if you click on the Learn More button on the File Exchange listing page for the Instrument Driver.

We hope to provide html help pages as part of the Instrument Driver package in due course.

Regards,