User interface AWG suggestion

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Ian P
User
User

User interface AWG suggestion

Post by Ian P »

I'm using a 2206B scope and I'm very pleased with it!
I would prefer the AWG interface to be available as a toolbar option along top or side rather than a dialog covering part of the waveform display area.

That's because I typically make lots of adjustments to the AWG output while observing the same A B input channels (e.g. switching from sine to square to white noise to sweep etc. to evaluate responses).

I can't find any way to change the dialog to a toolbar so I'm guessing the option doesn't exist at present.

Best regards
Ian

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: User interface AWG suggestion

Post by Martyn »

Thank you for the feedback.

The dialog box can't be docked at the present time, I will pass on your suggestion to the development team.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

lab!fyi

Post by lab!fyi »

There's also issue that AWG icon has no indication if AWG is ON or OFF. Problematic because it can be saved in settings being in ON state. I often discover - oops AWG was ON all the time. Potential to destroy DUT.
Easiest would be enable colored button background when AWG is ON, like it works with scope START|STOP buttons. But better place additional START|STOP also by the AWG icon.
Also better not to save AWG ON state and boot scope with OFF only. Have never seen (electronically controlled) desktop signal gen that boots with signal ON. User will not expect that.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Thank you for those suggestions, added to the list.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager