Application crashes when using ADC212 device driver

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
spock

Application crashes when using ADC212 device driver

Post by spock »

Hi,

I wrote my own application in Visual C++ to control and acquire signals with an ADC212/100 module. Sometime, I get the following error which crashes my application:

I get a dialog that shows "Memmgr Unreleased Global File A200, spar.c line 856" when the appl. crashes.

I am trying to figure out what could possibly cause this problem. What conditions can generate this error message?

Any idea??

Thanks

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Check that you are using the latest sofware and driver release, downloads available from here.

Check that you are calling the functions in the correct order. You can find this information out in the help manual or by looking at the examples provided in c programs.

Under what circumstances does your application crash?

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

spock

Post by spock »

I will download the latest driver version and see what happens.

It is very difficult to tell in what circumstances the application crashes because it happens randomly and intermittently. The application is used extensively all day long. Sometimes it crashes 2 to 3 times during the day, and other days it doesn't crash at all. Given the file name and the line number where it crashes within the driver, I thought you could provice hints what the problem could be.

Thanks.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

If you keep Picolog or Picoscope running all day do either of these crash on your PC? These use the same drivers that are provided in the driver downloads.

Check that the functions are being called in the correct order against our example programs.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer