Enviromon Software brought up to date?

hrf

Post by hrf »

Hi,
As a company, we have been using enviromon for many years, I've not used it my self until now. I have downloaded the most recent version of EnviroMon (EnviroMon_r5_13_7.exe)

I found this software confused an not very intuitive.
It feels like software from the days of Windows 3.1!
Perhaps an overhaul is required to bring it into line with current configuration and usage techniques. It was last released in 2002, has programming work stopped on Enviromon?

Possible changes include;
No multiple levels of dialog hidden within other dialoges.
A menu driven system rather than buttons on a form.
A single configuration dialog either with multiple tabs or the popular tree list view.
Less automatic popup dialogs, you cannot get to the white display when no configuration has been saved.

Also the ability to add scaled and math channels. Moving average etc

A more transparent approach to calibration. It is undesirable to disconnect all other convertors just to calibrate one.

I understand changing the address of a logger will require disconnection as you then ask for every (1) logger to change its address.

However, even this could be altered. Why have user visible addresses?
How about dynamic addressing, where a sensor plugged into the network asks the logger for its own internal address depending on addresses in use.

Any comments?

Regards
Henry Ford

davidj
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by davidj »

Hello Henry

Thank you for your feedback, you made some good points. I have noted your comments and suggestions and have filed them to be considered for future updates.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David

antman

EnviroMon update

Post by antman »

I would like to second the suggestion to update EnviorMon software. The other areas for improvement I would like to see are in remote data viewing. I have never managed to get image uploading to a web page to work, or viewing the data on a remote machine.

What was the reponse to Henry's question:

"It was last released in 2002, has programming work stopped on Enviromon?"