ADC 11 and PDAa

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
jon_gregory
User
User

ADC 11 and PDAa

Post by jon_gregory »

Hello, I'd like to use an ADC11 in conjunction with a PDA (eg HP 1950) to log voltage data. The PDA seems to include a USB 1.1 io capability, but is this sufficient to drive eth ADC11 and will the software work in the Microsoft Windows Mobile 5 environment? If not, is there a minimum spec that you would advise?

Cheers

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

At present Pico software is not compatible with mobile devices and so the unit will not work. The software will only work with Windows on desktop and laptop computers.

Best Regards

jon_gregory
User
User

Post by jon_gregory »

Is that because the software won't run in the Windows Mobile environment, or is ot a hardware issue? Some of the PDAs (like the Toshiba e740) have a usb 1.1 host capability - does that provide enough interface for the hardware?

So, would it be a case of the driver not working with the Windows Mobile environment - maybe Linux would be better?

Alternatively, can you suggest a way that I can log data from 2-3 sensors and transmit the data periodically to a PC over a wireless network connection (802.11b or similar).

Cheers

PS - I see that one of the other forum users has connected a mobile device to one of your products: http://www.picotech.com/support/about1304.html but it looks like a fully featured tablet PC

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

It is a software issue rather than a hardware one. Therefore it is support that may be included in future software releases. At present however I do not know of any plans to add this functionality.

Best Regards