3203D MSO to integrate .vi with single function into one .vi

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Maik

3203D MSO to integrate .vi with single function into one .vi

Post by Maik »

The .vi examples with single function like Streaming mode capture and AWG from installed SDK work well.

I want to integrate single .vi(s) with single function like Streaming mode capture and AWG into ONE .vi.
Sothat I can apply the LabVIEW driven PicoScope for DAQ to the bigger Project with other LabVIEW driven Hardware.

By modification, Errors like data type mismatch always occur?

Have you thought about the Problem of single function Integration?
Could you please give me Suggestion?

Is there other better solution (other Hardware) for LabVIEW development?

Hitesh

Re: 3203D MSO to integrate .vi with single function into one

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Maik,

We provide example vi files to demonstrate how to call the relevant driver functions for PicoScope devices in order to collect data in different modes or control the signal generator functionality. The llb files provides sub-vi files which can be used within examples as required so you can combine signal generator and streaming data functionality.

We do not provide a single function, as allowing the various parameters to be set for the function calls provides the User with a high level of control over the functionality of the device.

You could turn the code for the PicoScope into a sub-vi which can be integrated into a larger project.

The latest examples for our products can be found on our GitHub Repository.

I hope this helps.

Maik

Post by Maik »

Hello Hitesh,

thank you for your advice.
The Situation is, each single function (.vi) works well, But by modification of these SDK examples, Errors of data type mismatch occurs.
Could you please tell me, if there are already successfull use cases to apply PicoScope's functionality of Scope+signal Generator in a larger Project? Sothat I can be motivated to explore PicoScope for the Project.

Maik

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Maik,

This link points to a project by another Customer using PicoScope 4000 and 5000 Series oscilloscopes but I am not sure if this incorporates the signal generator functionality.

Other Customers have been able to successfully adapt and use our LabVIEW examples to control our oscilloscope and data logger products.

It would be helpful to see screenshots of the error messages that you are seeing. Alternatively, you can send your code to support@picotech.com and we can advise you further.

Please note Pico Technology is not responsible for the content of third party sites.

Regards,

Maik

Post by Maik »

mismatch.jpg
Is data type mismatch the root course? The code works well on xuejie's PC.

Maik

Post by Maik »

The PicoScope300aSettings.vi differs from the one in picoScope300a.llb from SDK. Where the PicoScopeVoltsToAdc.vi can not been found.
Is the picoScope300a.llb on development?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Maik,

We have been updating our LabVIEW examples on our GitHub repository.

Could you please try downloading the files and see if the examples from the ps3000a/32-bit-examples folder work for you?

Thanks,

Maik

Post by Maik »

I downloaded the LabVIEW examples with .dll from GitHub repository.
They have the same error message as previous: missing "PicoScopeVolts'ToAdc.vi". While the examples with .dll from your Homepage are OK.
Setting.jpg

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Maik,

The PicoScopeAdcToVolts.vi is available via the PicoScope.llb file.

Please right-click on the missing sub-vi and select to relink to the Sub-vi then find the file in your directory structure.

Regards,

Maik

Post by Maik »

Thank you very much for the link of the .llb file.
With this .llb, the previous vi works!

After Evaluation of the .vi with the function combination of BlockMSO and Signal Genrator, I found it not satisfactory: it does not have the full function of both single .vi.

Optimized .vi examples for would be great.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Maik,

These are examples designed to demonstrate how to call our driver API functions in order to setup the device and collect data/control the signal generator. Depending on the product, our driver API functions allow for a great level of control over device functionality.

We provide sub-vi files for modular code which can be reused across different examples.

As we are now providing our examples via GitHub, you can submit a pull request if there is code that you would like to share with fellow users of LabVIEW and Pico products.

Regards,