Real-time analysis of measured Signal in Simulink

Post your MATLAB discussions here
matthiasn

Real-time analysis of measured Signal in Simulink

Post by matthiasn »

Hi everyone,

I have the PicoScope 2205A and the newest Version of Matlab/Simulink including the Instrument Control Toolbox. I want to analyze the signal measured by the PicoScope in realtime. I tried to do that with the PicoScope 2000 Series MATLAB Generic Instrument Driver, but I think that is only for record a signal and analyze it after recording.

My idea was to do it with the 'Query Instrument'-Block of the Instrument Control Toolbox, but I failed to create an Interface Object in Matlab. Has anybody an idea how I can get that to work?

Thanks in advance

matthiasn

Hitesh

Re: Real-time analysis of measured Signal in Simulink

Post by Hitesh »

Hi matthiasn,

Are you looking to carry out data capture and analysis using Simulink?

If so, we have not tested our Instrument Drivers with Simulink. Our Instrument Driver uses MATLAB code, so you would need to create a Device object rather than an Interface object.

Which mode of data collection are you using - block or streaming?

Regards,

matthiasn

Post by matthiasn »

Thank you for your quick reply.

Actually I've already created an Device object and I'am able to run the functions which are delivered with the Instrument Driver in Matlab. It works for capturing data and anlyze it after stopping the capturing. I used the streaming mode. But I purpose to analyze data in real-time while capturing and without stopping the capturing for a longer time. For example I want to analyze a changing pulse width modulation continually.

If I get that to work in Matlab maybe I can adapt that to Simulink.

Thanks in advance.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Thanks Matthias,

If you require any further assistance with the MATLAB code, please post back here.

Regards,