PicoScope 2206b with LabVIEW

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
scju

PicoScope 2206b with LabVIEW

Post by scju »

Hey,

I'm using a PicoScope 2206b and I want access it via LabVIEW.
My PC runs on a 64 bit System and my LabVIEW is a 32 bit version.
I Installed the 32 bit SDK (is this the right one for my case ?) and tried to start the Picoscope2000 32 bit examples from GitHub.
I receive several Errors/ Missing VIs like "PicoScopeAdctoVolt" is missing. I'm a newbie by using the PicoScope and my current task is to compare the device to other SBC-Oscilloscopes for future orders (also the implementation to LabVIEW is one general task for this assessment). Is there any advanced "Step-by-Step" manual for my device ? (and yes I already seen your Youtube starter guide, that doesn't work for my case).
Or has somebody similar problems ?

Greetings,
Julian

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PicoScope 2206b with LabVIEW

Post by Martyn »

This is being handled directly with the support team, but for completeness

For LabVIEW examples please go to GitHub

And contact support@picotech.com as the 2206b is not currently supported in the SDK, so you will need the updated kernel drivers and API dll's. These will be available on the website soon as an installer, they are with the test team.

For info for LabVIEW 32bit on a 64 bit O/S you require the 32bit SDK, which will install and use the 64 bit kernel drivers, and the 32 bit API dll's
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

vijay

Post by vijay »

Which LabVIEW drivers is for 2206b model ? 2000a gives error

MarkPotter
User
User

Post by MarkPotter »

Seconded! Since Picoscope have arbitrarily discontinued the excellent 2000a series I am having to modify software for myself and my clients to keep systems current. Neither the 2000 or 2000a labview drivers seem to work on my system (the 2000 simply gets "unable to open picoscope" while the 2000a doesn't even get that far. Interestingly, I was just looking in the programmers guide and the 2206 is not mentioned in the list of supported oscilloscopes. Is it actually possible even to drive the 2206 from labview?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We are still waiting for the development team to update the SDK driver installer on the website, in the meantime the correct ps2000a.dll files are here
ps2000adrivers.zip
Drivers
(15.72 MiB) Downloaded 672 times
The latest LabVIEW examples are available on GitHub
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

MarkPotter
User
User

Post by MarkPotter »

Thanks! My development machine is at home but I will try it tonight.

Mark.

MarkPotter
User
User

Post by MarkPotter »

Thanks!

Just copied those 4 files over the ones in the SDK and it worked fine. Better than expected - since it's an upgrade to the PS2000a libraries I don't even need to change my Labview code!

Hopefully the website (and CD tat comes with it) will catch up soon...

Mark.