How to capture a signal without filtering

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
Sergey

How to capture a signal without filtering

Post by Sergey »

Hello,
I recently bought a Picoscope 4225 and I want to digitize the pressure transducer waveform in 16-bit mode with a signal frequency of 100kHz with turned off software filters.
But even when Low-Pass filter is turned off, the default software filter is activated, which greatly distorts the signal.
If I activate Low-Pass filter and move the cut off frequency in the high frequency range, the device automatically switches from 16-bit mode to 12-bit.

Can you help me to solve this problem, start Pico at 100kHz 16-bit mode without Low-Pass or any other software filtration?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Sergey

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to capture a signal without filtering

Post by Martyn »

The 4225 is a 12 bit scope, the 16 bit you are reference is "Resolution Enhancement" a software technique that uses a Moving Average Filter to remove noise and increase the apparent vertical resolution. The number of samples used in the filter increase with the level of enhancement.

When you enable the Low Pass Filter, Resolution Enhancement will be disabled, as both techniques can't be applied at the same time.

If you require no filtering at al, then the 4225 will be working at 12 bit resolution.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager