Number of points between rulers

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
per.tomas.larsson

Number of points between rulers

Post by per.tomas.larsson »

I think it would be helpful with two additions to PicoScope 6.
For automatic measurements, counting data points between rulers would be a helpful addition.
Secondly, the ability to save, as CSV or TAB delimited text, only data points in a zoomed view would help to write smaller text files.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Number of points between rulers

Post by Martyn »

Thank you for these suggestions.

If you right click on the display, and then View->Properties, it will show you the actual settings the scope is using. This includes the sample interval, so if you know the time between the time cursors you can work out the number of sample points using this information. I will add a new request for this, although I can't say when or if it will be implemented.

Saving zoomed regions is on the wish list so I will add your vote to this.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

per.tomas.larsson

Post by per.tomas.larsson »

Thank you, Martyn.
Yes, I normally have the properties window open, showing sampling time. Using time difference between vertical rulers and sampling time, computing number of points between rulers becomes trivial. But, I was more thinking of the convenience of not having to reach for my calculator every time I want to do this (I am lazy).
Tomas

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I will feed it into the requests pipeline, they may add it in when they next work on that section of the code :)
Martyn
Technical Support Manager