Software crashes repeatedly

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
msaine

Software crashes repeatedly

Post by msaine »

I am doing a simple monitoring of RS232 using digital channels 0 & 1 with all analog channels shutoff. Every time I hit auto setup the program crashes.

On a side note are you ever going to fix the power up problem? I have to leave my unit unplugged until after the software boots and states that no suitable unit can be found. Then I plug in the unit and it continues? Why can't it just detect the unit when the system boots?

Tried updating via menu but says I am up to date.

S# cs586/040
Hardware version 1
Firmware version 1.4.0.0/1.0.44.0
Driver version 1.4.6.12

Hitesh

Re: Software crashes repeatedly

Post by Hitesh »

Hi msaine,

Which operating system are you using (Windows 7 64-bit?) and which specific PicoScope 3000D MSO model are you using?

Please ensure that you are using the latest version of PicoScope 6 which is 6.12.7 (available from https://www.picotech.com/downloads)

If you are getting crash reports, please e-mail them to support@picotech.com. If the software is hanging, please close it using the Windows Task Manager, and then locate the trace.xml file (refer to section 3 of the PicoScope FAQ).

With regards to the power issue, is the 5V AC adaptor connected to the device, or are you just powering it using the USB 3.0 cable?

Regards,