AWG trigger threshold on Ext

Post your .Net discussions here
EdwardLaw

AWG trigger threshold on Ext

Post by EdwardLaw »

Hi,

Can anyone point me to the correct units of the threshold argument in the SetSiggenBuiltIn function? Currently, I am supplying a 3.4V square wave pulse into the Ext port in order to trigger the AWG on my Picoscope 5444B. I am looking to set the threshold high enough so that this does not set the trigger off. This will confirm that the threshold is working. At the moment, no matter what value I set the threshold to, my 3.4V pulse will always set off the trigger.

P.s. My call looks like: status = Imports.SetSiggenBuiltIn(_handle,
(Imports.SiggenWaveType)waveform,
frequency,
frequencyUp,
(float)0.05,
Imports.SiggenSweepType.UpDown,
Imports.ExtraOperations.Off,
Imports.SiggenTrigType.Rising,
Imports.SiggenTrigSource.ExtIn,
THRESHOLD);

Where I have tried many values of THRESHOLD from 4e7 down to just 4 to try and set the threshold as 4V. I have also tried using the adc count value of 32,765. None of these stop my 3.4V pulse setting off the sweep.

Many thanks,
Ed

Hitesh

Re: AWG trigger threshold on Ext

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Ed,

The threshold value should be in counts - the ps5000aApi.h header file lists the limits as:

Code: Select all

#define PS5000A_EXT_MAX_VALUE  32767
#define PS5000A_EXT_MIN_VALUE -32767
The signal should pass through the level selected in the specified direction in order to trigger the oscilloscope.

Have you referred to this guide on triggering the signal generator?

Regards,

EdwardLaw

Post by EdwardLaw »

Hitesh,

Thank you for your response. That guide was exactly what I was looking for. However, I have set the threshold value to 4V (26214) and applied a DC voltage to the ExtIn to slowly ramp it up to to 4V in order to see the trigger. However, the trigger is never set off unless the input signal is just noise.

When I turn the DC voltage down to 0V, it sets off the trigger. I set 'sweeps' to 2 so that the wave does a full UpDown sweep per trigger. It will continue to trigger on noise but then stop as soon as I apply any voltage.

With an analogue signal, it will trigger immediately no matter what the signal due to the level of noise. I am really stuck with this!! All I require is my sine wave to do an UpDown sweep each time it recieves a 3V square wave pulse.

Many thanks,
Ed

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Ed,

Which version of the ps5000a.dll are you using with your application?

If your application is 32-bit, have you tried the drivers from the PicoScope 6.12.7 installation?

Regards,

EdwardLaw

Post by EdwardLaw »

Hi Hitesh,

I am using a 64 bit system. On opening the picoscope it says that the driver version is 1.1.4.42. I am using the 'PS5000AStreamingCon.cs' file to run the AWG.

C# PS5000a driver example program
Version 1.2

Opening the device...
Handle: 16384
Driver Version: 1.1.4.42
USB Version: 2.0
Hardware Version: 1
Variant Info: 5444B
Serial: ER271/183
Calibration Date: 23Nov16
Kernel Version: 1.0
Digital Hardware: 1
Analogue Hardware: 1
Firmware 1: 1.3.3.0
Firmware 2: 1.0.24.0

When I use 'Picoscope 6' to set up the AWG and trigger, the threshold works fine.
Cheers,
Ed

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the information.

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com and we can provide you with some updated drivers to try.

Regards,

EdwardLaw

Post by EdwardLaw »

Hi Hitesh,

Thank you so much for such superb support. The drivers fixed my problem immediately!

Ed