DC Calibration

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
BDR
User
User

DC Calibration

Post by BDR »

Good day,

I have 5 PS6404D scopes. I have noticed that some of the channels, not all, are sitting up at around 1.8mV DC on more than one of the scopes. I have tried the zero off set button. I am not sure if this is like a "signal path" function, but in some instances it makes it worse.

From most of my experiences with these scopes, it normally sits around -+400uV. The calibration sticker says that they were last calibrated by Picotech. Is this normal?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DC Calibration

Post by Martyn »

If you leave the scope running for around 15 minutes, and with all four channels enabled, does the offset disappear ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

BDR
User
User

Post by BDR »

No, it does not.

It seems to be slightly better than yesterday, but I may have been using a different scope.

It has been running for about 30minutes with all channels on.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I would have expected it to settle more than that, can you post a data file showing the current waveform just after turning on, and another one after the unit has been on for a while, and running at full speed.

When using the Zero offset what values are being reported, they should be listed if you open the View->Properties panel on the right of the screen.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager