Trigger undetected with PicoScope 2204A

Post your MATLAB discussions here
nicola.solari

Trigger undetected with PicoScope 2204A

Post by nicola.solari »

HI,
I'm currently facing a puzzling issue (at least, for my scarce knowlede).
I'm interfacing the PicoScope 2204A with Matlab (R2016a on win10 64bit), and testing the example scripts. The problem is that while PS2000_IC_Generic_Driver_GetBlock_SimpleTrig.m and PS2000_IC_Generic_Driver_GetBlock_SimpleTrig_PulseCount.m work fine, making me confident that the installation process has been done properly, PS2000_IC_Generic_Driver_GetFastStreaming_SimpleTrig.m does not.
It starts, but seems to fail in detecting the trigger (a TTL), and keeps Matlab in the busy status, keeping running. I tried to reduce the sampling interval and the number of samplings, but still no way to achieve a result and have the program to stop, even after minutes.
I suppose I'm missing something, but I have no clue of what. Any hint/suggestion will be helpful.
Thanks,
Nicola

P.S. Except this, I'm loving your small picoscope :P

Hitesh

Re: Trigger undetected with PicoScope 2204A

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Nicola,

The PS2000_IC_Generic_Driver_GetFastStreaming_SimpleTrig.m script uses a feature of the underlying feature of the ps2000 shared library to collect the data in fast streaming mode and then retrieve it in one go from the shared library. The device will wait until the trigger condition has been met or the auto trigger has fired before ensuring that it has collected the required number of post-trigger samples to complete data collection.

Have you left the auto trigger setting to 1000 ms?

We do have an updated Instrument Driver and associated files we can provide if you e-mail support@picotech.com

Thanks for the positive feedback on the PicoScope! :D

Regards

nicola.solari

Re: Trigger undetected with PicoScope 2204A

Post by nicola.solari »

HI,
thanks for the answer.
I did not modified the auto trigger. I'll ask the updated Instrument Driver and associated files to the support then.
Thanks and have a nice day,
Nicola