Test and Measurement Forum

AWG Automation

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)

AWG Automation

Postby LSchnorr » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:41 am

Dear PicoScope-Team,

my group owns a Picoscope 5244B and I have to measure the response of a system to a large set of pulses which are saved in several .csv files. They are named like: pulse-1.csv, pulse-2.csv and so on.
I would like to load the first file into the AWG, measure 500 periods of the signal and save the average to a file and then continue with the next signal. Everything except loading the waveform into the AWG works fine using the Alarms.
Is there any way to automatically load a waveform file into the AWG, e.g. via the "picoscope /a" commands or the makro recorder? I dont need to change any settings besides the actual signal shape.
I was thinking about loading every .csv file by hand, then save the settings to a file and load these files in the right order via the "picoscope /a" commands, but maybe there is a more elegant way?

I looked into the SDK examples for LabView but the AWG example could only load a waveform to the oszilloscope when PicoScope 6 was not running, and if I start it after loading the AWG via LabView it overwrites the settings. Is there any simple way to achieve this with Picoscope 6 so I dont have to write a capture routine?

Best regards
Laurin
LSchnorr

Re: AWG Automation

Postby Martyn » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:48 am

It is not possible to control the AWG file buffer from the Automation commands, so Settings files would be the only possible way.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager
Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to PicoScope 6 for Windows