Trigger with a value decoded by serial decoder

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
rik

Trigger with a value decoded by serial decoder

Post by rik »

Hi, due to poor eyesight I like very much the big screen of my pc compared to the very small screen of "old" scope (not USB), but in the last month I used my Picoscope 2208A to develop and debug some bidirectional (half duplex) protocol. My problem is that with also a very low cost scope like Rigol DS1104Z I can set the trigger on a specific numeric value of the RS232 decoder. But I don't like to work with eyeglass on a so small screen. May be that in future, is possible with a firmware update to set for trigger a value decoded by the serial decoders of 2208A?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trigger with a value decoded by serial decoder

Post by Martyn »

Hardware serial data triggering is not currently being considered, and may be too difficult to implement in the available code space whilst still supporting the other device features. However filtering by specific data in the decode table, offers a way of searching for information of interest.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

rik

Re: Trigger with a value decoded by serial decoder

Post by rik »

Four years have passed, and I see that you still haven't been able to implement serial decoder triggering on a hexadecimal value, even on the latest PicoScope6Beta_r6_14_29 beta software.

I would like to know if there is now a new model of yours to buy where you have managed to implement this function or if I will have to continue using my old, cheap but bulky and noisy Rigol DS1104Z.

Thanks