Installation of USB Parallel Port Problem

Which product is right for your exact requirements

Installation of USB Parallel Port Problem

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I am trying to connect a ADC-216 up to my laptop via the laptops USB port but picoscope keeps displaying the error message "ADC-216 not connected".

I am usiing the pico technology USB parallel port and down loaded the installation software from the pico website. The file name of the installation package is PicoFul_r5_14_6-1.

As suggested in the information page I have tried installing the software before connecting the USB with the computer but still no luck.

Your help with this matter would be very much appreaciated.

Alex

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Alex,

Can you try selecting the ADC216 from the device menu and then change the parallel port number to PP 1, 2 or 3?

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Post by Guest »

I take it you mean while I am installing the software.

During installation I get have been selecting ADC216 and I have tried the installation using PP1 2 and 3.

Alex

Post by Guest »

Hi

I am having a similar problem with my ADC 212, It works fine on my desktop Pc through the parallel port but on my loptop through a pico usb adaptor I get the error message "ADC-212 not connected".

The led on the ADC 212 goes out when the program is started if USB-PP1 is selected but stays lit if any other option is sellected.

when I sellect the help / about menu it shows R 5.14.6 for the sw version
& ADC 200 Driver v4.02 Error 13 (H0 S0) or (S13 H61) or (H255 S255)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tony

Post by Guest »

i have experienced similar problems when connecting via the usb to serial adaptor. This is how i get it to work
1. unplug the usb from the pc
2. unplug the serial adaptor.
3. plug in the serial adaptor to your pico device
4. reconnect the usb
the peobelm seems to be that if these are connected in the wrong order then the pc recognises the usb as a human interface device (keyboard mouse etc) and your virtual com port does not exist. this has worked on the 15 ADC 16's we have here for datalogging and i hope this works for you too. It took me a while to figure this one out :shock:

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

How old is your ADC-212? It may need modifying. If it still does not work after trying the above then contact us and we can advise you on the modification.

Best Regards

rogerd
Active User
Active User

parallel to usb

Post by rogerd »

I need advice on the use of a parallel to USB adapter. The above posts suggest it might be a problem.

I have an Intel Macintosh with XP Pro installed with boot camp. It seems to work very well. I can read a Zip disk in a Zip drive connected to a USB port. The Zip disk files appear in a window automatically.

What will happen if I connect a ADC 212 or 216 to this computer with a parallel to USB converter? Has anyone tried this?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

A standard non-Pico parallel to USB converter will not work with our equipment. Only the Pico USB-Parallel port converter will work with out equipment.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum