GSM modem

Erazem

GSM modem

Post by Erazem »

Hello,
we are having difficulties connecting EL005 logger to EnviroMon software through two GSM modems. Modems are working and connection is established at 9600bps. This was checked with Hyper terminal.
We are also able to establish connection through EnviroMon software. However when data should be read from logger, message dialog Logger not found COM1 TELxxxxxx appears on screen.
If I go to options and check Diagnostics, first message appear connection established succesfull and ther Loger version retrieve failed or even program will crash

If logger is connected directly to PC everything is working perfectly.

Many thanks for answer

Erazem Polutnik
Laboratory of Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics
University of Ljubljana, Slovenia

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Erazem,

Have you enabled GSM support in the EnviroMon software?

YOu will need to set the software to communicate via telephone + Modem.

Please let me know how you get on.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Post by Guest »

Hi Michael,
yes we have enabled telephone+modem option. And As I indicated in my first post, first we get a message connection established. However, when data should be transmited from logger to PC, we get message Logger not found.
If I listen at serial port, between logger and GSM modem. I see that GSM modem receives two rings then it wrote message CONNECT 9600BPS.

Hope this helps
Erazem

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

We are running into difficulty here as we do not support GSM modems, we can only offer support with the software.

Firstly start by sending me your logger setup files. These are the envimon.ini and the emwevent.log files. Next, please tell us the Modem setup you are using and the GSM model numbers.

We will work from there.

Regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Erazem

Post by Erazem »

Hi,
to which address should I send requested files. My email is
erazem_dot_polutnik_at_fs_dot_uni-lj_dot_si.
I doubt there is problem in modems as I'm able to connect two computers with these modems and transfer a file in both directions.
Also EnviroMon indicates connection is established.

Many thanks for your assistance
Erazem

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Please post to support@picotech.com

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Erazem

Post by Erazem »

Hi Michael,
would you be so kind and tell me, which lines are active on serial interface on EL005 logger. Are there only RX/TX and GND needed (pin 2,3,5) or should be other signals connected as well.

Many thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Only TX and RX are needed as data lines. The product takes external power so the voltage lines are not important however having pin 5 as GND is still a good idea. TX is pin 3 and RX is pin 2.

Best Regards

sarasbati

Re: GSM modem

Post by sarasbati »

In New Hampshire, What MHz does the GSM Network Use? I bought a CECT a380i smart phone because it was GSM 900/1800/1900, not realizing some GSM like ATT in the US were 850. Should I be alright when I get this activated?