Matlab 2016a cannot find PS6402

Post your MATLAB discussions here
morelight

Matlab 2016a cannot find PS6402

Post by morelight »

I have installed PicoSDK_64_10.6.10.22, and the PicoScope6 software.
The folders PicoSDK\MATLAB\ps6000\win64 with the thunk file and
PS Generic Instrument Driver...\code\ps6000\win64 and
and the PS Toolbox...\code is in the MATLAB path

but I cant connect to the oscilloscope... (it works perfectly fine in the PicoScope6 software)

This is the error I get when trying to run the streaming example:

Code: Select all

Copyright © 2014 - 2015 Pico Technology Ltd. All rights reserved.

PicoScope 6000 Series MATLAB Instrument Driver

Warning: Disconnect: No devices found. 
Error using icdevice (line 313)
An error occurred while executing the driver create code.
Det går inte att hitta den angivna modulen.

If the error is not an instrument error, use MIDEDIT to inspect the driver.
Error in PS6000_ID_Streaming_Example (line 61)
ps6000DeviceObj = icdevice('picotech_ps6000_generic', '');  

Hitesh

Re: Matlab 2016a cannot find PS6402

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Morelight,

If the PicoScope 6 software is running at the same time, please close it then try to connect to the device.

Otherwise, please e-mail support@picotech.com and we will provide you with some updated drivers which you can try.

Regards,

morelight

Post by morelight »

Thanks, I know the software has to be closed... I've sent you an email now.

shanus

Post by shanus »

Was this ever resolved, care to actually post it Picotech support? Why should we have to contact Picotech everytime there is a problem? Surely there should be resolved problems posted on this forum? After all it is a forum.

shanus

Post by shanus »

okay, after talking to Hitesh the SDK deployment is an ever evolving animal and Picotech are relying on the MathWorks installer packages for clean deployment of drivers. If you are like me and you are running your computer off line and this is a problem, then deployment needs to be also done offline, luckily enough it was actually quite easy, and has got easier over the last few years. An up to date guide is being prepared, meanwhile check here:

topic31701.html#p110531

I suggest ignoring that Youtube video. It only adds to confusion and is not representative of current deployment methods (or note the YouTube guide is only for older versions of Matlab)

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Just to clarify on Shanus's post above, the PicoSDK installer was updated to decouple examples based on Customer feedback to ensure that only the drivers and related files would be installed. Examples are available via GitHub.

The reason for recommending using the Add-Ons Explorer in MATLAB is to ensure that all required Instrument Driver files are installed correctly and set on the MATLAB path, as previous Customer issues have usually involved one or more missing components from the path. The README text in the GitHub repositories (accessible via the Learn More button in each File Exchange entry) do make reference to adding the folders to the MATLAB path if downloading zip files.

We are aware that the video is now out of date following changes and have thus updated the text. We may look to update the video when possible.

Regards,