Multiple views with different triggers

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
BJC

Multiple views with different triggers

Post by BJC »

Hi,

I often find that I'd like multiple views of the same signals with different triggers. For example, at the moment I have an advanced trigger set for PWM pulses that exceed a set duration. However, since the PWM pulse train is not always running, I find that I am often disabling the trigger to check whether the PWM signal is active. Obviously this risks missing the rogue pulses I'm trying to capture.

Ideally, I'd like to have multiple views with different triggers. Both views would have the same channels, although I'd be fine duplicating the signal on multiple channels, if that helped. The first view would have no trigger, allowing easy confirmation that the PWM signal is active. The second view would have a trigger based on pulse width that is only activated by the rogue pulses. The first view would continue to update, as normal for an untriggered view, while the second view would only update on a trigger event.

While this investigation concerns PWM pulses, I often find when triggering that it would be helpful to also view the untriggered view of the channel.

Is this possible? Is there an alternative approach that would work equally well?

I'm using PicoScope 6.11.12.1692 on Windows 7, with a 5444B 'scope. I also have a 3406D MSO available if that would help.

Regards,
Bruce

Hitesh

Re: Multiple views with different triggers

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Bruce,

Unfortunately, this is not possible due to the way the trigger system works although I will log the request.

As you have a second PicoScope available, you could run a second instance of PicoScope connected to the PicoScope 3406D MSO and monitor the signal on there.

Regards,

BJC

Re: Multiple views with different triggers

Post by BJC »

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. I'm pleased that you are logging the request as it would be a nice feature.

Regards,
Bruce