adc 2xx linux driver problem

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
steveo

adc 2xx linux driver problem

Post by steveo »

hi,

Two issues, first a problem .... then a request ...

Problem: The test software does not recognise the ADC.

I'm running a200lnx on my laptop - which has a SuSE 10.0 linux distribution on it. The parallel port base address in 0x378 (LPT2 i think) and I've set the port mode to be "normal" in the BIOS.

running a200lnx as root is fine, if I run strace on the process it spends a while mucking about with some libraries, then mmaps some memory, allocates a shared memory segment, attaches to it then just sleeps.

when I run the test software - not matter what LPT I give, 1,2 or 3, it simply cannot detect the ADC.

Any ideas?

Request:

I would like to sample a voltage continuously and it appears from the documentation that this "slow" mode is not available under linux. Is this still the case? Is there any chance that a slow mode enabled driver will be released in the coming months? - or any chance the driver source can be released under an academic (not for profit) licence (I work at a University)

I say this because this continuous sampling is vital to my application - And as my windows emulator (wine) seems to dislike all the .vxd and .sys drivers .... I may have to give Bill Gates yet more money.

Thanks all

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

We are unable to support use of our products under Linux. We do provide these drivers but we cannot offer any further development.

I am sorry we cannot help you.

Regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum