[DrDaq] problem generating arbitrary waveform

Post your C and C++ discussions here
dadez87

[DrDaq] problem generating arbitrary waveform

Post by dadez87 »

Hello!

I am new in this forum.

I found some problems when trying to generate an "arbitrary waveform" using function "UsbDrDaqSetSigGenArbitrary()".
When I send the command, I get the response "13", which means "PICO_NO_SIGNAL_GENERATOR".
According to the manual, the meaning is that: "The device does not have a signal generator".
However, I am sure that the DrDaq has a signal generator functionality. In fact, the other function "UsbDrDaqSetSigGenBuiltIn()", which generates built-in signals (square, triangle, sinus, ...), is working properly.
Also, I can create arbitrary waveforms when I use PicoScope6 software.

I would like to create an arbitrary rectangular waveform with a configurable duty cycle. That is why I cannot use the built-in functions (square wave has 50% duty cycle, but I need to have a configurable one, such as 10%).

As visible in the attached screenshot, I am using USB DrDAQ, Serial Number AY776/045, USB1.1, Hardware version 1, USBDrDAQ.dll version 1.0.4.25 and Kernel version PICOPP.SYS V1.0. Library is 32 bit library.

Thank you in advance.

Davide
Attachments
Return status = 13 when sending UsbDrDaqSetSigGenArbitrary()
Return status = 13 when sending UsbDrDaqSetSigGenArbitrary()
error_drdaq.PNG (8.12 KiB) Viewed 5033 times

Hitesh

Re: [DrDaq] problem generating arbitrary waveform

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Davide,

The error code 13 is 0xD in Hex - referring to the PicoStatus.h file this is PICO_INVALID_PARAMETER.

It would be helpful to see the values of the parameters that you are setting for this function call.

Regards,