See below for a solution to this problem..
I've been using a 2205MSO PicoScope in Linux for over 18 months and it has worked well. However, I just tried using it and am now running in to what I think is this same issue. I uninstalled all PicoScope related packages and reinstalled them, without any improvement.
To reproduce the problem:
1. Enable D0 and D1 logic lines
2. Set Trigger to Repeat
At that point it goes into the Stopped state and cannot be restarted without restarting the program or clicking the Connect Device option on the File menu (which resets all the trigger settings).
My system is Ubuntu 16.04 on a 64 bit system.
I'm happy to say though I resolved the issue for now. After looking through my APT log I discovered that the picomono package was updated back in June. I downgraded this package to 2.10.8-1r01 (instead of r02), which can be found here:https://labs.picotech.com/debian/pool/m ... _amd64.deb
It is now working again. So there is something wrong with the newer r02 version of this package and Ubuntu 16.04.