Picolog crashes

Forum for discussing PicoLog
jb

Picolog crashes

Post by jb »

Recently I have had trouble getting Picolog to start recording. Using ADC212/3 parallel port version running on Windows 95c machine. Parallel port is set to bi-directional -- not ECP etc. I have installed the newest version of Picolog code from the www site and it does the same.

After I set up the settings the monitored values signals are OK and displaying. After selecting the data file (new one) it says it is ready to start to capture data.

When the red arrow is clicked, the indicator light on the ADC212 goes OFF and stays OFF and the computer is hung.

Most of the time doing a CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up the task manager will show that the Picolog application is not responding.

If doing the CTRL+ALT+DEL does not say that the Picolog application is hung, closing the task manager will start the Picolog recording.

I have it recording now on a 4 day test so I do not want to stop and try other things for a couple of days.

Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong or have some settings wrong or is it a problem with Win95 or??

tks, jb

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

What release of software are you using?

I do not know of any problems under Win 95 but fewer people use this and I have not tried this setup myself. If you are not using the latest software then try using this.

http://www.picotech.com/software

Let me know how you get on.

Best Regards