I just bought a Picoscope2000, works great, and already can datalog with it. Great product!
I need 4 units to perform roughly as follows in factory setting:
1) Standalone operation, unattended, waiting for trigger
2) Receive a lo-hi signal, 5V, triggers start of recording event.
3) Sample the event, +/-10V, 3 second duration, 3Msamples total. Can adjust this a little, i.e. shorten duration and samples.
4) Perform math and alarms associated with event
5) Record a few important math values from the event into local or ethernet log (timestamp, peak voltage for example)
6) Activate 3V output as pass/fail
7) wait for next trigger
What is best approach? Picoscope 2000 or DrDAQ? What is good choice for local processing and communication hardware? Write my own Python code or is there easier and less custom approach?