enumerateUnits and openUnit no longer working upon update

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Linux software
mmatheny

enumerateUnits and openUnit no longer working upon update

Post by mmatheny »

Hello,

Attempting to open the a ps 4824 using the SDK via python (in Ubuntu 14.04) no longer works after the update. The proprietary picoscope software (Picoscope 6) works fine. My code is as follows

Code: Select all

from ctypes import *
lib = cdll.LoadLibrary("libps4000a.so")
count = c_short()
serials = (c_char * 100)()
serialLth = c_short()
lib.ps4000aEnumerateUnits(byref(count), byref(serials0, byref(serialLth))
This returns a value "0", but the serial code returns empty. If I try open without a serial

Code: Select all

]from ctypes import *
lib = cdll.LoadLibrary("libps4000a.so")
handlePointer = c_short()
lib.ps4000aOpenUnit(byref(handlePointer))
'3' gets returned, which is I'm guessing "eeprom corrupt", or "unit busy". I used to get this status if I tried to open the unit while the proprietary software was open. Now, no matter what the status of the proprietary software, I get this returned.

Is there any way to return to the working version?

Hitesh

Re: enumerateUnits and openUnit no longer working upon updat

Post by Hitesh »

Hi mmatheny,

It looks as though there is a bug in the driver with regards to the serial numbers not being returned which I have reported.

The status code of 3 is PICO_NOT_FOUND, which indicates that the device is not found. Irrespective of whether you are using the serial number to open the device or not, you still need to pass a second parameter to the call to ps4000aOpenUnit (set to the Python equivalent of C NULL).

If you require the previous version of the driver, please e-mail support@picotech.com and we can point to where to obtain them.

Regards,