Test and Measurement Forum

picoscope 5.13.9 can not open PSD files

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)

picoscope 5.13.9 can not open PSD files

Postby burgett » Wed May 17, 2006 3:00 pm

HI,
I have started using 5.13.9. I can save and open text files, but if I save and then try to open a PSD file, it looks like it flashes on the screen and then the window minimizes and I can not open it. I have to close it and restart the software. Is there a work around, fix?

Regards,
Rick
burgett
Active User
Active User

Postby Sarah » Mon May 22, 2006 11:46 am

Hi Rick

Thank you for your post.

I have checked this out and it is not a software bug - I cannot replicate it here. Instead I think it sounds like something I have seen before whereby the file opens in a window that is almost "offscreen". It seems as if it has been saved on a computer with a greater desktop resolution and tries to open into the same place but this is in fact off to the side of the displayed section. I am not sure if this is actually what is happening but this is how it appears and I found it to be file specific.

The way to get round it would be to right-click on the program on the start bar and select to maximise. This should rectify it.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Best Regards
Sarah

Postby burgett » Thu May 25, 2006 10:39 pm

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for the reply. Well, when I installed the software on a new computer I could load the psd files ok. So it is probably a screen resolution issue/window placement since my desktop is 1600 by 1200 and my laptop is 800 by 600.

Regards,
Rick
burgett
Active User
Active User

Postby burgett » Fri May 26, 2006 6:31 pm

It looks like I spoke a little too soon. Two of the six files open normally - for what its worth they were dual trace files. Four of the six files require that I do the "Maximize" work around - they are single trace files.

Regards,
Rick
burgett
Active User
Active User

Return to PicoScope 5