Ethernet Connection PT104

Post your Linux discussions here
Luca Minzoni

Ethernet Connection PT104

Post by Luca Minzoni »

Hello,
i have some troubles when i try to connect my PT104 using the ethernet connection. I am using Ubuntu 14.04. I created my wired connection and set the PT ip address using a windows machine. The PT ip address is 192.168.1.10. I set my pc ip as 192.168.1.11 and then i connected the PT and the pc using a switch. From terminal i can ping my PT, i see the lights flickering so they "see" each other. But when i lunch the software ./usbpt104con and i try to connect via ethernet, i insert the ip address of the pt 192.168.1.10 and i get the error

Enter IP address of the PT-104: 192.168.1.10:80
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'char const*'
Annullato (core dump creato)

I don't understand what i did wrong. Thank you for your help, cheers
Luca.

Hitesh

Re: Ethernet Connection PT104

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Luca,

There is a known issue with the Linux driver for connecting using the Ethernet connection. A fix should be available when the driver is next updated (no timescale at present).

Have you tried specifying the serial number instead of the IP address?

Alternatively, the Ethernet protocol is documented in the Programmer's Guide, so you can use this instead of the API functions.

Regards,

Luca Minzoni

Post by Luca Minzoni »

Thank you for the answer, i am currently using the ethernet protocol and it is working, or at least there is communication between my pc and the PT-104. Thank you again, best regards
Luca.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Luca,

Please update the libusbpt104 package as a new version is available.

Regards,

GrahamCC

Post by GrahamCC »

I seem to be having a similar problem to Luca.

I'm trying to connect to my brand new PT104 over Ethernet using the sample program 'usbpt104Con'. I have no issues when using USB but with Ethernet I always get 'Unable to open device. Status code: 0x109' [The network connection has failed]. With USB I can read the assigned IP and port but when trying to connect entering the IP address and port in the suggested format IpAddress:Port for the function UsbPt104OpenUnitViaIp(..) it fails.

I've got the latest available version of libusbpt104 package and I'm running Linux Mint 19.3 which is based on Ubuntu 18.04.

Also I can ping the PT104, please help!