Custom Ranges Problem

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
jperras
User
User

Custom Ranges Problem

Post by jperras »

Hello,
I'm trying to setup a couple of custom ranges for a clamp-on current probe. I've read the manual and I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly. Using the automotive version, if it matters. Version 5.13.7, or an earlier version 5.13.4, after creating the custom range, then closing the program, the custom range disappears entirely. Also the other day, although I can't duplicate it today, when creating the custom range I would set the millivolts to 300. Saying ok to close the dialog box, then reopening the custom ranges, it changed the 300 to a .3, and when actually taking a measurement, it would go off scale, if that makes sense.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :oops: Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Jim

Autonerdz
Advanced User
Advanced User

Custom Ranges

Post by Autonerdz »

Hi Jim,

For the program to remember your custom ranges you created, you have to save them. Do this by going to File/Save Settings. Now they will be there next time you start the program. Good idea to also save a psd file with your favorite settings and ranges you can simply recall to recover all your settings. You will need this after you upgrade the software and it defaults to different settings. Then you don't have to make them all again :shock:

Not sure what the other thing was about. Must have been a typo. Use care not to insert any extra characters in the range dialog.

In addition to this forum. you can find extensive resources for automotive users on our web site.
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
http://www.autonerdz.com
THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America

jperras
User
User

Post by jperras »

Thanks, that did the trick. Just thought it should have saved it after hitting 'OK'. Got stuck and couldn't get past it. Never thought to use 'Save Settings' as I've had the scope for almost 3 years now, and I've got a slew of saved settings that I call up from the 'Automotive' menu. With everything pre-programmed I don't tweak it much anymore.

I've been to your site before. You do a tremendous job with the Pico community. :D Many thanks,

Jim