Software disconnecting

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
MarkjeWratten

Software disconnecting

Post by MarkjeWratten »

Hi there,

We have recently purchased a TC-08 thermocouple data logger and currently having issues with the data logger program on the computer appearing to disconnect from the logger. i will be running the logger and recording data, the PWL player will then suddenly stop showing the live readings and instead just show this blank screen (attachment provided).

i have tried disconnecting the picolog data logger and tried different USB cables but it doesnt stop the problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

kind regards,

Mark Wratten
Attachments
image showing the screen which i am faced with when trying to re-open the picolog player
image showing the screen which i am faced with when trying to re-open the picolog player

Hitesh

Re: Software disconnecting

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Mark,

Which version of the PicoLog program are you using?

On attempting to restart the program, there might still be a plw32.exe program running as a background process so this may still have a lock on the driver - please check if this is the case via the Windows Task Manager.

Please confirm what settings you have for the Auto Reconnect feature: click File -> Preferences -> Auto Reconnect

Regards,

MarkjeWratten

Post by MarkjeWratten »

Hi Hitesh,

Thank you for your reply.

i have found that closing the plw32.exe program does work but afterwards i have to un-plug the USB cable which isnt ideal. Is there a reason why i need to do this anyway? why does the program shut itself down at random times?

I have changed the auto reconnect feature to try and connect every 30 seconds but this made little difference.

Regards,

Mark Wratten
Morgan Advanced Materials

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Mark,

Please ensure that you are using the supplied blue USB cable.

The following information might be helpful in determining what is happening:
  • The PC operating system
  • Whether the PC is a desktop or laptop
  • Which USB ports are being used (front or rear for a desktop, USB 2.0 or USB 3.0)
  • Whether a powered USB hub is being used
  • If there are any other devices connected to the USB ports
Having to unplug the USB cable indicates that the driver still has a lock on the device.

Regards,