old 2205

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
edmondog

old 2205

Post by edmondog »

I have an old 2205 picoscope that's been woring quite fine until the hard disk of the windows xp pc it was connected to died some days ago.
I'm trying now to connect to a brand new core7 running windows 7, the device connected is recognized, but when picoscope 6 starts, after some relays clicking into the scope, the program says that no device is connected.
On the bottom of the scope there is a label with a barcode that's supposed to be the SN: VDR63/649
What can I do now, except catching a new scope?
Ciao
Edo

Bilal
Active User
Active User

Re: old 2205

Post by Bilal »

Hello Edo,

Please can you try another USB cable and see if the problem persists. If relays can be heard clicking then I believe the scope is being picked up and then being dropped. Please also try reinstalling the drivers; The driver installer can be found in C:\Pico Technology (x86)\Pico Technology\PicoScope6\system\DPInst.exe
Bilal Patel
Technical Support Engineer
Pico Technology

edmondog

Post by edmondog »

I'm outside of home and I can't test it now, but once i tested my scope on a pc in my company where a more recent 2205 scope is installed, and I got the same problem. the newer scope was working fine, but my own was not working. I worried that my scope was broken, but when I came home, on my old pc it was still working perfectly.
So I suppose that the problem is in some cpu dependent timing of the driver that my old scope is not able to honor.
Anyway when I get back home I will make the test you suggest.
Also, is there an update for the scope firmware?
Thank you.
Edo.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The drivers get loaded into the device on connection with the software, so using the latest software will mean you are using the latest driver.

Are these USB2 or USB3 ports, and have you tried different ports on the PC ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager