added everything to path but still Library was not found

Post your MATLAB discussions here
stu_J

added everything to path but still Library was not found

Post by stu_J »

Hi all,

I´m now using picoscope 3204A, and I downloaded the newest picoscope SDK that contains all versions of picoscope. I use 64bit window and 64bit matlab R2014a.

After installing the driver, I copied
'ps3000a_thunk_pcwin64.dll'
'ps3000aMFile.m'
'ps3000aWrap_thunk_pcwin64.dll'
'ps3000aWrapMFile.m'
files from the PicoSDK-MATLAB-ps3000a-win64 folder to my matlab path. Since I couldn´t find the 'Picolpp.dll' file in this SDK, so I copied one from picoscope 6 software into the same matlab path. But then I run 'PS3000a_IC_Generic_Driver_1buffer_RunBlock.m', this didn´t work. So I changed the names into
'PS3000a.dll', 'PS3000aMFile.m', 'ps3000aWrap.dll', 'ps3000aWrapMFile.m',
still the same error 'Operation failed: An error occurred while executing the driver disconnect code.
Library was not found
If this error is not an instrument error, use MIDEDIT to inspect the driver.'

I also did
>> icdevice('PS3000a_IC_drv', ''), which gave the same error

I did actually run mex -setup command so that 'MEX configured to use 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (C)' for C language compilation'

I´ve struggled the whole day and really don´t know what´s wrong, pls help me!

Thank you
-J

Hitesh

Re: added everything to path but still Library was not found

Post by Hitesh »

Hi stu_J,

The ps3000a.dll, ps3000aWrap.dll and picoipp.dll files are located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\SDK\lib

You can add this to the PS3000aConfig.m file i.e.

Code: Select all

addpath(C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\SDK\lib);

The PicoIpp.dll file in the PicoScope 6 installation file is a 32-bit version and so will not work with a 64-bit application.

I would also recommend using the Instrument Driver package from the ps3000a_BETA folder from our submission on MATLAB Central File Exchange. This contains better examples and some functions to simplify data collection.

If you have changed the name of the ps3000a_thunk_pcwin64.dll and ps3000aWrap_thunk_pcwin64.dll files, please change them back as these are compatibility libraries which means that you do not need to configure a C compiler.

Please note that Pico Technology is not responsible for the content of external websites.

Hope this helps.

stu_J

Re: added everything to path but still Library was not found

Post by stu_J »

Hi Hitech,

Thank you for the reply.

It works! But one first needs to change the name case of the library 'ps3000a.dll' to 'PS3000a.dll'.

Thank you:)
-J