Why can't I get my ADC-212/100 to run?

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
Don Parks

Why can't I get my ADC-212/100 to run?

Post by Don Parks »

I moved and have installed my ADC-212/100 on a PC running Windows XP. When I start the program it comes up with the "ADC-212 not connected".

Can you give me some help on getting this fine instrument to work?

Don Parks
DPParks99@gmail.com

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Don

Thank you for your post.

If the program appears to not find the unit then try selecting all the available LPT ports. Try LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3 to see if any of these give readings. This is because Windows can virtualise the parallel port and it could be going by a different number.

If this doesn't help, then check and make sure that nothing else is installed to the parallel port. Printers, scanners and zip drives can all cause driver conflicts. If there is anything installed try assigning it to a different port or uninstalling it and see if this helps.

Also check the parallel port settings in the BIOS of the computer. It should be set to one of the following modes:

SPP, Normal, Output Only, Unidirectional

It should not be set to ECP, EPP or Bidirectional.

If none of this helps then let me know.

Best Regards

peter_m

Post by peter_m »

Hi Sarah,

I've had a similar problem trying to get an old adc-100 working on a Win2000 system. I've checked all the parallel port options and I've set the parallel port bios setting to be SPP (the other options were EPP, ECP and EPP+ECP). When set on SPP I get the not connected error. When set on EPP+ECP I get a flatline zero reading (while I am feeding a periodic test signal into it). Any suggestions?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

With the ADC-100 there are some other things to consider - are you using the parallel port adaptor for incompatible parallel ports? If so, have you inserted the patch in the win.ini file?

Best Regards

peter_m

Post by peter_m »

please check my post intended for this thread here:

http://www.picotech.com/support/about2375.html