trigger function level timeout missing

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
ThomasAC

trigger function level timeout missing

Post by ThomasAC »

Hello picotech,

I am really missing the possibility to trigger a timeout on a voltage level or window.
Example:
clock line remains low for more than 100 us should trigger, but clock line remains high should not trigger.

I tried all your trigger sources. My old Tektronix is able to do with lowpuls-greater-than-trigger. In comparison to picoscope puls trigger, the trigger occurs immediately after the time value and not at the puls' end.
The abort-Triggers are not applicable, because there is no Settings to define the edge type.
window-abort is not applicable, too.

My old Scope

Hitesh

Re: trigger function level timeout missing

Post by Hitesh »

Hi ThomasAC,

It sounds like the Level Dropout trigger is what you require although the PicoScope 6 software does not currently give you the option to distinguish between a rising or falling condition (I will add this to an existing feature request).

With the Software Development Kit, you have a greater level of control over the trigger functionality and can then specify a Level Dropout Trigger where the device will trigger when signal goes low and stays low for greater than a specified period of time using a Pulse Width Qualifier-based trigger.

Regards,

ThomasAC

Post by ThomasAC »

Thanks to your response,

I think level dropout equals German "Abbruch".
As you pointed out, you can not set the edge. Thanks for putting it on the request queue.

I have no experence with the Software Development Kit so far. I am going to explore it soon.

BramPeeters

Post by BramPeeters »

Hi,

Another request for this feature ...
In my case i need to trigger when a device keeps the data line of an I2C transaction low for too long blocking the bus. Without being able to make the distinction between low/high, the level dropout trigger is useless, and i do not think i can do it with any other trigger so I have to use the old bulky scope which is a pity.

So i am hoping this feature arrives sooner than later!

Regards
Bram

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Bram,

I will add your comment to an existing feature request.

If you are using the Software Development Kit to control the PicoScope, then the API functions will give you a greater level of control over the trigger setup.

Regards,