Exclamation Point in red box

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
mwarren

Exclamation Point in red box

Post by mwarren »

Hi All,
I have a small red box that appears at the top of the scope window periodically. If I select it, I see the voltages of all the traces. I cannot find the meaning of this. I am going to try to attach a screencap to show what I am referring to.
I am using a Picoscope 6402D and Picoscope 6.10.18.1052 for Windows (8.1 64bit).

Regards,
Mike

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Exclamation Point in red box

Post by Martyn »

What type of signals are you looking at?

It may be that your signals are overvoltage, or out of range, repeatedly doing this may damage the scope.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

mwarren

Post by mwarren »

Hi Martyn,
Apparently my picture didn't upload. It does appear to be related to overvoltage. In the attached picture, the blue line is a 3.3V signal, the green is a 5V signal, the yellow is from a PWM output and should be 3.3V output. The red line is a boosted signal that should be between 8 & 9 volts but there is a small spike that goes over 10V (All scales were set to +/-10V) for a couple of ns. Changing the scale of the red line to +/- 20V got rid of the exclamation point.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards,
Mike
Attachments
Shows the red exclamation point
Shows the red exclamation point

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

One other thing to be aware of, if you use filtering, or resolution enhancement, the clean trace may not look as if there is an overvoltage but there could be one in the raw unfiltered data.

If you have any other questions, posting a psdata file will allow us to look at the actual data, File->SaveAs and save the current waveform to cut the size down.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager